Working from Home
In these strange times, we are all on a steep learning curve. Each day, we learn more about how we can support each other and those around us in our St Michael's family and the wider community. Teachers have been working hard to put together a range of resources for each year group and these will be updated regularly. Feel free to browse other year groups' work as well. Remember, just because the school building is closed, it doesn't mean that education needs to stop. However, be flexible - look around you and what can be learned within your own environment, for example, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn new and exciting skills, e.g:
- Sewing, knitting, cooking, baking, gardening, helping with household chores.
- Learning to play a musical instrument (it could be singing or playing the spoons!)
- Writing a daily journal about what you do and what's going on around you - you can keep this and share it with your future children and grandchildren - maybe illustrate it too!
- Read, read, read and read some more.
- Play board games; do a jigsaw; play card games.
- Create your own piece of art. Take a photo and we'll find a way to create our very own St Michael's Art Gallery.
- Mindfulness: there are lots of websites and videos out there for this.
- Keep fit: there are videos attached within each year group and, if you're able to, go for a walk, run or cycle in the fresh air in your 'once a day' exercise slot.
You will find all the help you need here. Please check out the tabs to the left for more information.
Most importantly, look after yourself, follow government advice and stay at home as much as possible and be safe. We look forward to seeing you all in the near future.
With much love,
All the staff of St Michael's.
Good news! Literacy Toolbox (otherwise known as Eddie Carron) can now be accessed at home to support Reading and Comprehension. Enjoy!
(Not compatible with tablets)
The St Michael's Teacher's public Youtube Channel is here...